If your site has a Pages → Defaults → Primary signup page assigned, the sidebar will include a signup form [shown below].
- This signup form’s headline will populate from the Site settings → Headline field, unless that field is blank. In that case, it will be populated by your site’s primary signup page’s Settings → Headline field.
- This signup form’s subheadline will populate from the Site settings → Subheadline field, unless that field is blank. In that case, it will populate from your site’s primary signup page’s Settings → Social media → Excerpt for Facebook, search engines field.
Only read this if you're wondering why a page has a big empty space where the sidebar should be (this is rare - the vast majority of people can ignore this):
If your site does not have a primary signup page, the sidebar signup form will not appear and will be replaced by a bigger Facebook or Twitter widget, assuming your nation is connected to Facebook or Twitter. If your site
- is not connected to Facebook or Twitter and
- doesn't have a primary signup page and
- the Supporter nav → Reorder links is empty and
- the page is not tagged layout sibling menu or it is but doesn't have any siblings/is an action page
there will simply be a big white space instead of a sidebar when a user is not logged in. In this case, it’s best to uncheck that page’s Settings → Show sidebar checkbox.